Every second and fourth Wednesday evening, The KITCHEN at Boston Public Market is teaming up with The Boston Wine School to provide fun and educational wine tasting classes. Each class is small and interactive, with tastings of at least six different wines and pairings with cheese and other small bites from the Boston Public Market.
Boston Wine School experts will lead the classes, weaving together stories about the wine origins, scientific facts about why each wine tastes different based on where the grapes are grown, and advice on how to pair with different types of foods to enhance the flavor sensations.
Classes are small - ranging from 16 to 24 people per class. Each class runs for two hours; 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Winter 2017 Schedule:
- January 11 | The Best New Wines You’ve Never Heard Of | One of the greatest things about wine is that there's always something new to discover - grapes, up-and-coming regions, techniques, packaging, and more. This 2-hour class will experience wine regions and wine grapes which are new to the global wine market.
- January 25 | Celebrate Chinese New Year: Wine & Dumplings| Kick the new year off right! The traditional Chinese New Year celebration always includes dumplings which are symbolic of wealth and fortune. Dumplings are very broad in style, different in their ingredients, and packed with flavor.They make a great starting place to understand how to pair wine with traditional Asian foods.
- February 8 | Wine and Chocolate Workshop | Who could resist wine or chocolate? Put them together, and you've got one of the world's most delicious pairings. We will explore the spectrum of wine and chocolate possibilities in this 2 hour class. Learn what wine and chocolate have in common and how they develop their unique styles. Taste through a variety of wines and chocolates in search of the most perfect match.
- February 22 | Wine 101: Tasting, Thinking & Talking About Wine | This is a great 2-hour interactive class for wine lovers who want to get a good grounding in how to taste wine, understand wine, and be more confident. Wine 101 covers everything from the world's greatest wine grapes to wine regions plus buying, ordering or serving wine.
- March 8 | Wine, Cheese & The Pursuit Of Happiness | Wine and cheese really hit the jackpot. Both start life as everyday liquids but end up shaped by nature and turned by time into products that are 1000 times more prized. Join us in exploring this wondrous spectrum of wine and cheese. You'll learn how to taste wine and cheese together, what makes a good match, and how to construct the perfect cheese plate.
- March 22 | Wine and Oysters: Deluxe Pairing Workshop | Oysters and wine have a lot in common: they both express a strong sense of place from where they're grown, they live in places other crops almost never grow, and their flavors both apart and together are unlike anything else on the planet. Literally other-worldly.
Pre-registration is required. Get your tickets soon; classes sell out fast!
All attendees must be age 21+.
About the Boston Wine School:
The Boston Wine School is the place where everyone can come to learn about wine and food. No matter who you are, no matter how much you know, or don’t know about wine. If you love wine and food, you’ll find a home at the Boston Wine School. Classes are small — 12 to 25 students max — with people at every stage. You learn about wine, but you also learn about yourselves and each other, and that’s what makes Boston Wine School classes different and great.